2021-2022 Pupil premium
Pupil premium is additional funding provided to schools for supporting more disadvantaged pupils to ensure they benefit from the same opportunities as all other children. There are three categories of children that qualify for pupil premium:
- Children who are eligible for free school meals (FSM)
- Looked after children and those who have been adopted
- Armed forces children
The school received £44 280 for the financial year 2021 - 2022 pupil premium funding, which is currently being used to provide the respective children with appropriate support to make the expected progress in their learning.
The additional support includes one or more of the following:
- Training staff in comparative marking to aid feedback
- Ensuring all our Early Years and KS1 staff have quality CPD in Phonics
- Working with the teaching assistant in specific time bound interventions.
- Participate in 'Big Award'to help us overcome bullying and develop an Anti-Bullying ethos throughout the school to aid mental health.
- Participation in other intervention programmes identified and organised by the SENCo.
- Provision of a sports coach to compliment physical education and promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
- Participation in learning an instrument to promote music through the curriculum.
- Access to breakfast and after school provision.
The respective children’s progress and attainment is tracked and monitored carefully to ensure they achieve their full potential.
For a complete breakdown of how we are spending our pupil premium, please download our action plan.