Chiseldon's overall aim for PE for the academic year 2015 - 16:
For the primary school sport funding to impact on pupils' lifestyles and physical wellbeing by taking account of the following factors:
Purpose of Government Funding for Primary PE
- to increase the participation rates in sporting activities
- make physical education cross curricular and inclusive to all areas of school life
- develop a range of alternative sporting activities
- use known sports personalities to inspire learning.
Chiseldon Primary School received £8981 from the government to spend on developing our provision of PE and sport within Chiseldon.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but as a school, we have the freedom to choose how we do this.
Possible uses for the funding, as suggested by the government, might include:
- hiring a specialist PE teacher or qualified coach to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils' participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on after school clubs and holiday clubs.
We have our own specialist PE teacher, who delivers quality PE lessons to every year group.
Our specialist has trained our primary teachers in providing outstanding PE and sport lessons
Chiseldon has a sport/PE themed after school club every night.
Lunch time PE/sport clubs run for children to be active and enjoy sport.
We have used sporting professionals to inspire learning and participation in sports.