What a fantastic first few days to the new school year! The children came into school happy and remembering where to put their belongings and with NO tears!
Meet The Teacher
Thank you for all those who came to the meeting and for those who could not make it this is what I discussed:
1. P.E. is Thursday and can kit be in school every day in case we need to change the session or your child has an accident.
2. Mile run - please can a pair of running shoes/daps be in school everyday for the 'mile' run.
3. Book bags - please can your child have a book bag to bring home their reading book and reading record.
4. Reading books - The reading books coming home have no words in them as we want the children to be able to tell a story from the pictures before learning to read words.
5. Forest Friday - after half term we will be going out in to the school forest and the children will need a pair of wellingtons/wellies and a waterproof coat in school on a Friday for this.
6. Naming clothing - please can you name everything including water bottles as the children do not always know what belongs to them and it makes it easier to return if their name is on the item.
I am available to speak to any parent/carer at 8.25 until 8.50 or after school any day apart from Tuesday as I run a club.
Mrs Jenkins and Miss Swift